Let EOSR keep one of your primary instruments clean and in peak working condition. Our technicians will disassemble your refractor; clean all lenses; lubricate all gears; adjust all tensions; and confirm all functions. This process is done by hand; one lens and one component at a time. No shortcuts. Loaners available.
Cleaning and Preventive Maintenance
- Clean all optical surfaces
- Lubricate thrust bearings and Geneva assembly
- Clean and adjust stop index rollers
- Lubricate turret assembly
- Confirm cylinder lens axis calibration
- Lubricate and adjust Jackson Cross Cylinder spring tension
- Confirm Jackson Cross Cylinder axis calibration
- Reassemble Phoroptor/Refractor check indexes and adjust if necessary
- Check for proper operation
- Clean exterior
Complete Overhaul Services
In addition to the Cleaning and Preventive Maintenance, the following procedures are accomplished:
- Remove and disassemble turret and cylinder axis synchronization assembly
- Remove lubricants and clean all parts
- Lubricate and reassemble parts
- Remove cylinder axis drive gear assembly
- Clean and lubricate drive gear assembly
- Replace axis drive gear assembly and verify axis calibration
- Replace synchronization assembly
- Verify that axis knob correctly lines up with axis scale. Adjust alignment of synchronization assembly to accomplish correct alignment
- Adjust axis rotation tension
- Lubricate cylinder power scale
- Lubricate cylinder thrust bearings
EOSR’s factory trained service personnel can repair your instruments and equipment in our shop or at your facility. The work is guaranteed and the costs are fair. In many cases loaner items are available. Contact us to discuss your service and support needs.
Keep your instruments and equipment in prime operating condition. EOSR can provide preventive maintenance for all or selected items in an exam room or office. This includes complete cleaning, lubrication, and calibration. Free estimates.
What Our Clients Have To Say About Our Support
I have been a customer of Eastern Ophthalmic for the past 31 years. I have purchased most of my equipment for my practice from them. In this day few companies want to provide service after you purchase your equipment. Eastern Ophthalmic is an exception to the rule. They have consistently gone over and beyond what I expected on many occasions. It is very comforting to know that you can receive such quality service and advice. Thank you to Jerry, William and all the rest of your staff. It is truly a blessing to have Eastern Ophthalmic to serve our needs.
Dr. Cham McMillanEOSR has consistently gone over and beyond expectations
Purchasing new equipment from EOSR has always been smooth and efficient. Additionally, they go above and beyond with service and repair. I have and will continue to be a loyal customer! Dealing with everyone there is like dealing with FAMILY. I have never called them when they did not do everything in their power to help this office.
Athens Eye ClinicA pleasure doing business w/ EOSR
EOSR has always been a top-notch company to do business with. When I opened my office Jerry helped me with all of my initial equipment needs. As my office grew both Jerry and William where able to help me meet my expansion needs. I have found that they deliver quality service on a continual basis whether it be new equipment purchases or repair and maintenance of existing equipment. They are always fast to answer questions and very willing to do what is best and easiest for me and my practice. I appreciate the time they take to initially understand my needs and the follow thru in meeting my needs in a very efficient way. I have recommended them to my professional friends and I would recommend EOSR to anyone who has any kind of equipment need.